Learn where too many companies get it wrong with @tom_peters, author of THE EXCELLENCE DIVIDEND. #businessstrategy #management Click To Tweet
Tom Peters co-authored a book that changed the way the world does business, and which is often called the best business book ever. In addition to the massively successful In Search of Excellence, Tom has authored or co-authored seventeen other books, including his latest, The Excellence Dividend: Meeting the Tech Tide with Work that Wows and Jobs that Last.
Still breaking new ground in management thought leadership thirty-five years after In Search of Excellence, Tom received the Thinkers50 Lifetime Achievement Award in November of 2017. He joins the show today to discuss how too many companies get it wrong when it comes to effective business practices and finding the proper focus. Listen in to hear what Tom says company leaders must understand, his unexpected stance on maximizing shareholder value, and more.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why Tom is frustrated with so many businesses.
- What he calls one of our many sins as a society.
- Why companies should not focus on maximizing shareholder value.
- The focus that will naturally lead to giving shareholders great returns.
- What “lowercase d” diversity is and how it benefits the workplace.
- The big thing company leaders need to understand.
- Why Tom guarantees that readers won’t find anything new in his books—and why that’s a good thing.
- What he says everybody ought to have in his/her head.
Key Resources for Tom Peters:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: