Tom Peters is the co-author of In Search of Excellence, the book that changed the way the world does business and is often tagged as the best business book ever. Seventeen books and thirty-five years later, he is still at the forefront of the “management guru industry” that he single-handedly invented. Tom joins the show today to share how businesses are operating during this crisis, as well as the two new manifestos he has created to help cope with the current pandemic: Excellence Now: The 27 “Number Ones” and Excellence 2020 Observations: Leading with Compassion and Care in Troubled Times.
Listen in as he explains how to be an outstanding leader by being empathetic and desperate for employees to succeed. You will learn how this pandemic has shown which companies truly care about their employees, how these businesses can do better, and Tom’s best advice on how to lead your team to a successful future.
Learn how to be an outstanding leader and how to lead your team to a successful future with @tom_peters, author of THE EXCELLENCE DIVIDEND. Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How MBWA (Management by Walking Around) works when nobody is in the office.
- Why your customers will NEVER be happier than your employees.
- How to prepare employees for an uncertain future.
- Why empathy is key when leading.
- How to be a strong leader.
- Why Tom believes women are better leaders.
- The BIGGEST failure of CEOs.
Key Resources for Tom Peters:
- Video version of this episode: Tom Peters: Excellence in Troubled Times
- Connect with Tom Peters: Website | Twitter
- Amazon: The Excellence Dividend
- Kindle: The Excellence Dividend
- Audible: The Excellence Dividend
Share the Love:
- If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: