Robbie Kellman Baxter is a bestselling author, speaker, and consultant with more than 20 years of experience providing strategic business advice to major organizations like Netflix and LinkedIn. In the past 10 years, her company, Peninsula Strategies, has advised over 100 organizations on subscription and growth strategy. She has been featured in the Wall Street Journal and CNN, as well as interviewed on over 50 podcasts—including once before on this one.
In this episode, we’re diving into her zone of genius with subscription models and discussing the risks and benefits of moving to a subscription or membership model. Listen in to learn what to consider before taking the leap, how to measure the success of your subscription approach, and how subscription models have changed not just the marketing behind a product, but also the product itself.
Learn how to build a profitable and compelling subscription model with @robbiebax, author of THE FOREVER TRANSACTION. Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why you might want to consider a subscription model vs. a transactional model.
- The benefits and disadvantages of a subscription model.
- Why the subscription approach is different for every business, even within the same product category.
- The types of businesses that can benefit from a membership or subscription approach.
- Possible effects for companies that make it hard for customers to opt-out of subscriptions.
- A rule of thumb for measuring cost of acquisition vs. lifetime value.
Key Resources for Robbie Kellman Baxter:
- Connect with Robbie Kellman Baxter: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Amazon: The Forever Transaction: How to Build a Subscription Model So Compelling, Your Customers Will Never Want to Leave
- Kindle/eTextbook: The Forever Transaction: How to Build a Subscription Model So Compelling, Your Customers Will Never Want to Leave
Share the Love:
- If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: