Video consumption is exploding, and video is becoming the preferred method for communicating ideas and content marketing. Veteran filmmaker Vern Oakley’s new book, Leadership in Focus: Bringing Out Your Best on Camera, teaches leaders in particular how they can create authentic, pitch-perfect video content to connect with their audiences – be they employees, consumers, or constituents.
Vern Oakley is the CEO and creative director of Tribe Pictures, creating films for Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, and universities including American Express, AT&T, Pfizer, and Princeton.
Vern and I talk about how and why video consumption’s rapid growth into one of the most popular ways to engage with content online. Vern tells us why so many people freeze up on camera, and what you can do to come across as the most authentic version of yourself. We also discuss how to gauge your audience and hit the right note with your communication and editing style.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How video is beginning to surpass written content online.
- Why so many people uncomfortable or awkward on camera, and how to work around this.
- How to judge whether a professionally produced short movie or a more raw video is the best approach for your intended audience.
- How video triggers emotions and mirror neurons in our brains.
- Vern’s rules-of-thumb for appearing on camera and building trust with the viewer.
- How livestreaming video fits into the growing online video landscape.
Key Resources for Vern Oakley and Winning at Video:
- Connect with Vern: Website | Tribe Pictures | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Amazon: Leadership in Focus: Bringing Out Your Best on Camera
- Kindle: Leadership in Focus: Bringing Out Your Best on Camera
- Brené Brown
- Amy Cuddy
- Paul Ekman
- Steven Spielberg
- “Organized perception is what art is all about.” – Roy Lichtenstein
- Rand Fishkin – Moz
- Fred Rogers
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below