I’m very pleased to welcome Nathalie Nahai to the very first episode of The Brainfluence Podcast. Nathalie got her roots in psychology before she started pursuing a career in the music industry designing websites. About 4 or 5 years ago, she thought about combining her knowledge of psychology in the online space.
She started a popular blog called “We Make Them Click”, which eventually led to the publishing of her recent book Webs of Influence: The Psychology of Online Persuasion. I’ve read it cover-to-cover, and I couldn’t put it down. On today’s episode, we are going to be talking about several of the topics she has covered in that book. Don’t miss it!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How design can affect your ability to persuade and influence.
- How we make distinctions between the three levels of the brain, and how a website can appeal to all of these.
- Tactics for appealing to short-term or long-term future-oriented cultures.
- How personality research is being applied to creating online environments for buyers.
- Some of the most trusted tools for building credibility on the web.
- Nathalie’s Website: The Web Psychologist
- Webs of Influence: The Psychology of Online Persuasion
- Free mini-course
- Udemy course (use discount code for 50% off: insider50)
- Nathalie on Youtube
- Dr. Helen Fisher
- Priceless: The Myth of Fair Value by William Poundstone
- The Web Psychologist Podcast
- Nathalie on Twitter: @thewebpsych
Full Episode Transcript:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below