Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin help the world’s most iconic brands use technology to win new customers and keep the customers they’ve already earned. Respectively the President and Senior Strategist of the online customer service and digital marketing consultancy Convince & Convert, Jay and Daniel are both best-selling authors and marketing experts. Jay is a 7th-generation entrepreneur who has created five multi-million dollar companies, and Daniel, who has been featured in The New York Times, USA Today, CBS Radio, and Fox News, is the author of the online reputation guide Manipurated.
The duo joins the show today to share insights from their new book, Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth. Listen in to learn what makes word of mouth crucial for businesses, why relying on organic word of mouth isn’t enough, and what companies must do in order to get customers talking.
Learn how to use bold operational differentiators to create customer conversations with @jaybaer and @daniellemin, authors of TALK TRIGGERS. #wordofmouth #CX #marketing Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why word of mouth is so important to all businesses.
- What percentage of purchases are influenced by word of mouth.
- The most powerful kind of recommendations.
- What talk triggers are and how to increase them.
- The powerful—and delicious—way DoubleTree Hotels distinguishes themselves.
- How a collection agency turned being nice into a business strategy.
- Why you don’t always have to give things away to differentiate yourself.
- Examples of talk triggers that don’t cost money.
- How Spiceworks went against the typical playbook to become the largest community of IT professionals in the world.
- Tips for figuring out your company’s talk trigger.
Key Resources for Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: