Nigel Travis is the Executive Chairman of the Board and former CEO of Dunkin’ Brands. Previously serving as the President and COO of Blockbuster, Inc., as well as the President and CEO of Papa John’s, Nigel has become an expert in transforming company culture and getting results. His new book, The Challenge Culture: Why the Most Successful Organizations Run on Pushback, reflects on his decades of leadership and shares his unique approach to achieving prosperity.
In this episode, Nigel explains how cultivating a challenge culture within companies leads to greater alignment and better business solutions. Listen in to hear his advice on engaging everyone within an organization, the important lessons he’s learned about leadership over the years, and useful ways of gaining insights and improving policies.
Got PUSHBACK? @nigeltravis, author of THE CHALLENGE CULTURE, explains why disagreement can lead to better performance in your business. #leadership #strategy #results Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What boards in the modern age need to know.
- How challenge culture leads to better business solutions all around.
- What Nigel calls the essence of the challenge culture.
- The challenge he tries to incorporate into everything he does.
- Why a lot of people struggle with franchising.
- How fans and franchisees are similar.
- What sets the tone for a company’s culture.
- Nigel’s take on the current Papa John’s scandal.
- The creative way he won over Papa John’s franchisees.
- His simple rule about international business.
- What gives you a better chance of success when anticipating trends.
- The one thing leaders need to do – constantly!
Key Resources for Nigel Travis:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: