Behavior Design with BJ Fogg
Dr. BJ Fogg is a behavior scientist with deep experience in innovation and teaching. The head of the Behavior Design Lab at Stanford University, BJ teaches his models and methods in graduate seminars, and his work has been applied by his students and others to create successful products, including Instagram. He has personally coached over 40,000 people in forming new habits using his breakthrough method called “Tiny Habits,” and his TEDx talk, “Forget big change, start with Tiny Habits” has over a million views. BJ’s new book is forthcoming and will be published in over 15 languages: Tiny Habits: The Small Changes that Change Everything.
In this episode, BJ shares how we can use behavior design strategies to develop beneficial habits and create positive change. Listen in to learn the major factors that drive our behavior, hacks for changing habits, and the key thing innovators need to understand about what makes people do the things they do.Learn how we can use behavior design strategies to develop beneficial habits and create positive change with @bjfogg, head of the Behavior Design Lab at Stanford. #behavior #motivation #habitformation Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The major frustration that changed the direction of BJ’s work.
- What he says is the most important thing he can help innovators understand.
- How behavior design has evolved over time.
- The basics of the Fogg Behavior Model.
- Three elements necessary for behavior to happen.
- How BJ’s web credibility guidelines have held up since 2002.
- The biggest driver of whether people believe or don’t believe the information they find online.
- How BJ’s swarm of behaviors model works.
- Three hacks for changing behavior with the tiny habit approach.
- The tiny habit that everyone can benefit from.
Key Resources for BJ Fogg:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript:
[Sorry, would-be readers, a transcript isn’t available for this episode.]