Carl Marci and the Science Behind Ad Compression
Dr. Carl Marci is a lot of things: a medical doctor, an entrepreneur, and a pioneer in neuromarketing. Currently serving as Chief Neuroscientist of Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience, as well as a faculty member at Harvard Medical School, Carl travels around the world helping marketers and market researchers understand neuroscience, measuring engagement, and non-conscious processing in advertising.
He joins the podcast today to share the key lessons he’s learned over the years about what makes effective advertisements. Listen in to hear what almost half of an ad’s sales performance can be attributed to, important differences in how people consume media on various devices, and what Carl says is the real challenge that marketers must overcome.
Learn what makes effective advertisements with @CMBiometrics, Chief Neuroscientist of Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience. #advertising #neuroscience #Nielsen Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How attitudes about neuromarketing are changing.
- What an ad needs to do in order to be successful.
- Why shorter ads can work better than longer ads.
- Important differences in effective online ads vs. effective TV ads.
- What makes a banner ad pop now that people have “banner blindness.”
- How “attention vampires” affect advertisements.
- What Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience’s research tells us about what people want.
- How the different technologies the company uses work together.
- Neuroscience solutions for businesses that don’t have the budget for big studies.
- What marketers should keep in mind about in-store displays and packaging.
- Carl’s predictions for the future of consumer neuroscience.
Key Resources for Carl Marci:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: