Welcome to the first of a two-part series that will focus on the new book, The Persuasion Code, co-authored by Christophe Morin and Patrick Renvoise. Today we’re speaking with Christophe, who serves as the CEO and Chief Pain Officer at SalesBrain. With a Ph.D. in Media Psychology and over 30 years of marketing and business development experience, Christophe was formerly the Chief Marketing Officer for rStar Networks—a public company that developed the largest private network ever deployed in US schools. He also previously worked as VP of Marketing and Corporate Training for Grocery Outlet Inc, the largest grocery remarketer in the world.
In this episode, Christophe shares his expertise on understanding and predicting consumer behavior using neuroscience. Listen in to learn what it takes to create convincing campaigns and what makes marketing messages really stick.
Learn what it takes to create powerful persuasive messages with @christophemorin, co-author of THE PERSUASION CODE. #neuroscience #psychology #persuasion Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The best predictor of how effective you can become in your ability to advertise or persuade.
- What’s crucial to enhancing and predicting the effect of persuasive messages.
- A big mistake in the neuromarketing industry.
- Six stimuli that trigger the primal brain.
- What caused Christophe and Patrick to write a new book 15+ years after their first.
- Why the concept of pain is central to both of their books.
- The problem with research based on self-reporting.
- What comparative advertising is and why it’s so effective.
- How things are changing on the academic side of how people view neuroscience.
- Examples of how neuromarketing can be used to serve ethical goals.
- How Christophe used neuromarketing to evaluate how young adults respond to public health PSAs.
- What makes persuasive messaging more effective for younger brains.
Key Resources for Christophe Morin:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: