David Burkus is the bestselling author of four award-winning books about business and leadership. His ideas have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, USA Today, Fast Company, and many other media outlets, and his TED Talk has over 2 million views. He’s worked with brands like Google, Stryker, Fidelity, Viacom, and even the US Naval Academy.
In this episode, David shares insights from his new book, Leading from Anywhere: The Essential Guide to Managing Remote Teams. Listen in to learn why the work-from-anywhere culture is here to stay, as well as how organizations can shift to embrace the change and build a cohesive team that relies less on Zoom happy hours and more on autonomy and trust. David also gives his best advice for building team cohesion when your entire team works remotely and discusses why the cost of replacing a bad employee is so high (though it’s probably not the reason you think it is!).
Learn how to lead a remote team with confidence and avoid burnout with @DavidBurkus, author of LEADING FROM ANYWHERE. #remoteteams #remotework Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How the pandemic has forced a lot of organizations to rethink their work-from-anywhere policy.
- What you can do to build team cohesion remotely (without involving cake in the breakroom).
- How to balance virtual interruptions and productivity.
- The big shift that has to happen to an outcome-based focus vs. a presence-based focus.
- How to quantify productivity through peer feedback.
- The impact the work-from-anywhere culture is having on hiring practices.
- How to build a corporate culture when your entire team is remote.
Key Resources for David Burkus:
- Connect with David Burkus: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
- Amazon: Leading from Anywhere
- Kindle: Leading from Anywhere
- Audible: Leading from Anywhere
- Charles Handy
- Peter Drucker
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: