Can anyone still create a new concept in marketing? Or has every possible method been used ad nauseam by millions of business owners around the world? Do you often sit and wonder what you can do to set your business, marketing, and brand apart from the masses?
This week on The Brainfluence Podcast, my guest has made a name for himself as an authority in innovation, digital marketing and marketing technology. Christopher S. Penn is an author, speaker, professor, thought leader and a key influencer in marketing.
Chris is the Vice President of Marketing Technology at SHIFT Communications, the co-founder of PodCamp and the co-host of the Marketing Over Coffee marketing podcast. He has worked with huge brands like Citrix Systems, McDonald’s, GoDaddy and McKesson, just to name a few.
Chris joins me today to discuss his latest book, Leading Innovation, and the methods he uses to teach organizations how to implement and scale innovative practices to direct change. If you want to know how to create an innovative new approach in your marketing plan, that will have you rising above the competition, then you need to turn up the volume and listen in!
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What you need to know before publishing a book.
- Ideas for being innovative in your business.
- Christopher’s method for becoming competent in innovation.
- How to use his LEAD model.
- How you can avoid making the mistakes that Blockbuster made.
(Note to listeners: Usually we include an Amazon link for easy shopping, but in this case the Amazon price for Leading Innovation is almost three times as high as the direct price. If you really love Amazon and cost is no object, you can find the book here. If you want to buy the book the smart way, direct from Chris, click the cover image below!)
- Connect with Christopher: Christopher S. Penn | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | StumbleUpon | Marketing Over Coffee
- Leading Innovation: Building a Scalable, Innovative Organization by Christopher S. Penn
- Kindle: Marketing Blue Belt: From Data Zero to Marketing Hero: From Data Zero to Marketing Heroby Christopher S. Penn
- Kindle: Marketing White Belt: Basics For the Digital Marketer by Christopher S. Penn
- Kindle: Marketing Red Belt: Connecting With Your Creative Mind by Christopher S. Penn
- Shift Communications
- Jeff Bezos
- David Meerman Scott
- Scott Brinker
- Mitch Joel
- Legal Sea Foods
- Legal Test Kitchen
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: