By now, most Brainfluence Podcast listeners are well aware of Cialdini’s six principles of influence – social proof, authority, and so on. Our guest this week has identified the path to success in business and life built primarily on one of these principles: reciprocity – doing something for someone else with no expectation of getting something in return.
Bob Burg’s massive bestseller, The Go-Giver, illustrates how a focus on “getting” is self-defeating and how being a “giver” pays back many times over.
Bob is an acclaimed author and speaker. He first achieved prominence with his book, Endless Referrals. His more recent book, The Go-Giver, became a The Wall Street Journal and BusinessWeek bestseller and has sold over 500,000 copies. The Go-Giver has been translated into 21 languages and Bob’s fourth book has sold over 250,000 copies.
Join Bob and I today as we explore the world of business and selling in parable form. Using an engaging story line, Bob has drawn in thousands of entrepreneurs to learn how to sell with a purpose and bring value to everyone they meet. You don’t want to miss this episode’s value-packed lessons and actionable tips that can change your mindset forever.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How Bob’s parable became a massive best-selling business book.
- Bob’s method for helping entrepreneurs laser beam their focus on bringing value to their customers.
- Why business parables are effective.
- How the value of the service you provide can be both concrete and conceptual.
- Why learning to say “no” can be one of the most powerful things you do.
- How to say “no” in a way that honors everyone involved.
- Connect with Bob: Burg | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube | The Go Giver | The Go Giver Podcast
- Amazon: The Go-Giver, Expanded Edition: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg & John David Man
- Kindle Version: The Go-Giver, Expanded Edition: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg & John David Mann
- Amazon: Endless Referrals, Third Edition by Bob Burg
- Amazon: Go-Givers Sell More by Bob Burg and John David Mann
- Amazon: The Go-Giver Leader: A Little Story About What Matters Most in Business by Bob Burg & John David Mann
- Amazon” The Art of Persuasion: Winning Without Intimidation by Bob Burg
- Scott Adams
- Donald Trump
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…