Are you still working a 9-5 job, dreaming of quitting and becoming your own boss? Or have you already taken the leap to entrepreneurship, but are still dreaming of trying something new, moving to another venture or even angel investing?
This week on The Brainfluence Podcast, my guest has the unique distinction of being credited with coining the term FOMO, or “Fear of Missing Out.” Patrick McGinnis is a venture capitalist and writer based in New York City. His firm, Dirigo Advisors, provides strategic advice to investors and businesses operating in Latin America and other emerging markets.
Patrick is the author of The 10% Entrepreneur: Live Your Startup Dream Without Quitting Your Day Job. While researching his book, Patrick interviewed over 40 entrepreneurs to identify the five types of 10% entrepreneur that even I identified with.
Patrick has embraced his unique path to entrepreneurship and has joined me today to share how any entrepreneur or 9-5er can do the same in their own way. Using the 10% Entrepreneur concept, he shares how anyone can embrace their dream of entrepreneurship, without the risk.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Should you be paying Patrick royalties for using the term FOMO?
- The unglamorous real look at being an entrepreneur.
- Why you may want to be a 10% entrepreneur.
- How to make your type of 10% entrepreneur work for you.
- How to be a 10% entrepreneur and still be successful.
- How you can successfully juggle your job with your passion.
- Amazon: The 10% Entrepreneur: Live Your Startup Dream Without Quitting Your Day Job by Patrick McGinnis
- Kindle Version: The 10% Entrepreneur: Live Your Startup Dream Without Quitting Your Day Job by Patrick McGinnis
- Connect with Patrick: Patrick McGinnis |Blog | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium
- Boston: The Home of FOMO by Ben Schreckinger
- Brainfluence Ep #97: Martin Lindstrom and the Power of Small Data
- 500 Startups
- Christine Tsai
- Martin Lindstrom
- PJ Clarkes
- CBRE Global Brokerage
- Harvard Business School: Why Companies Fail – and How Their Founders Can Bounce Back
- Shikhar Ghosh
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: