The mood, feeling, and attitude that your brand presents to the world are processed in seconds. Consumers can make the decision to buy (or not buy) your product in a fraction of that time. This is why it is extremely important to focus on how your brand is perceived by your target audience and what their first impression of your product is.
Sounds like a daunting task, right?
Luckily, today I’m joined by Daryl Weber, an expert in this field. Daryl has worked with brands like Coca-Cola, Nike, Johnnie Walker, Gatorade, Pampers, and many more.
On this episode, we’ll be discussing how the unconscious side of brands connect with their audience, and how creative marketers can use this information as inspiration for new campaigns.
Daryl earned a BA in psychology from Columbia University and resides in Atlanta with his wife, Jennifer, and son, Avi. His new book, Brand Seduction: How Neuroscience Can Help Marketers Build Memorable Brands, is recommended not only for its sage marketing advice but also because it delves into the question of why those particular marketing strategies work.
Previously, Daryl was Global Director of Creative Strategy at The Coca-Cola Company, where he oversaw brand strategy for many of the company’s global billion-dollar brands. Prior to that, he was a Director of Strategy at Redscout – a boutique brand and innovation consultancy where he advised Fortune 500 companies on new product innovation and brand positioning.
If you’ve ever wondered how you can improve your brand, listen in to hear an expert’s opinion and get a sneak peek at what he recommends for small/startup businesses.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How consumers make decisions about your brand.
- What specific audience you should be focused on.
- Why it’s important to shape the conversation around your brand.
- Why everything from ads to location in the store affects peoples’ perception.
- How to combine all this information so you can shape your ideal brand image.
- Connect with Daryl: www.Daryl-Weber.com | Twitter
- Amazon: Brand Seduction: How Neuroscience Can Help Marketers Build Memorable Brands
- Kindle Version: Brand Seduction: How Neuroscience Can Help Marketers Build Memorable Brands
- Ketel One Vodka
- GREY GOOSE Vodka
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below