Rarely does one meet a person who possesses a profound understanding of how deeply intertwined sales and the subconscious mind are. On this episode of The Brainfluence Podcast, you will learn from the singular Peter McLaughlin. Peter joins us to share another perspective on the conversation we started last week with Dr. Nick Morgan. (See Ep #11: Power Cues and Non-Conscious Communication.) Peter possesses a rather unique resume in that he has worked simultaneously in sales, as a professional actor, and a hypnotist.
As Peter traveled the world honing his acting craft, he discovered how to improvise and adapt in the ever-changing world. Although the connection may surprise some, Peter learned how to apply the methodology of acting to business and sales.
Peter’s introduction to hypnotherapy came from a different source. After a life-changing cancer diagnosis coupled with Lyme disease, Peter started digging into massive amounts of information on alternative cures; his research uncovered the efficacy of the placebo effect and how truly powerful the human mind is. This discovery ultimately led Peter to the practice of hypnotherapy.
By delving into the power of suggestion and the mind, Peter realized how invaluable this skill would be in sales. Drawing upon his unique experiences and talents he wrote Becoming The Customer – Empathy, Influence, and Closing the Sale and has since turned it into a sales development program.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why 100% of any presentation should be devoted to the entertainment of the audience.
- The science of building rapport with your audience.
- How to use language to your advantage to capture the unconscious mind.
- Why you should always phrase your wording based on what you want instead of what you don’t want.
- Why the conscious mind is referred to as the lawyer that justifies a pre-determined decision.
- How identity can trump the conscious mind’s cost/benefit analysis.
Peter McLaughlin’s Website: www.btcsalesdev.com
Amazon: Becoming the Customer: Empathy, Influence and Closing the Sale by Peter McLaughlin
Kindle Version: Becoming the Customer: Empathy, Influence and Closing the Sale by Peter McLaughlin
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below