Few people realize how much we communicate before we say a word than this week’s guest, Dr. Nick Morgan. Nick is one of the top communication theorists and coaches, and a bestselling author of Give Your Speech, Change the World, Trust Me and Power Cues. He is a former editor of the Harvard Management Communication Letter, and a former Fellow at the Center for Public Leadership at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.
After receiving his Ph.D in literature and rhetoric, Nick worked as a speech writer for Charles S. Robb, the Governor of Virginia, and taught at several Universities including Princeton. In 1997 Nick founded Public Words, a communications consulting organization. Through his revolutionary methods, Nick has risen to become the premier communication and body language coach in the US. He has worked with presidents and CEOs of Fortune 500 companies along with many other political and educational leaders.
Nick’s latest book, Power Cues, delves into the latest discoveries of human communication that integrate brain and behavioral sciences. With Nick’s guidance, physical gestures, sounds and signals, you will be able to unconsciously dictate the behavior and responses of your audience. Listen in for a preview of Nick’s practical, yet powerful methods of maximizing your impact.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why phone conversations (and podcasts?) are an impoverished form of communication.
- How using the same techniques as method actors will capture the focus of any audience.
- The importance of being charismatic and how to learn to project charisma.
- Why slide show programs such as PowerPoint are distracting and lead to inefficient listening.
- How to triumph over less than ideal speaking situations.
- The questions you should be asking to train your intuition.
Book Website: Power Cues
Amazon: Power Cues: The Subtle Science of Leading Groups, Persuading Others, and Maximizing Your Personal Impact by Dr Nick Morgan
Amazon: Give Your Speech, Change the World: How To Move Your Audience to Action by Dr. Nick Morgan
Amazon: Trust Me: Four Steps to Authenticity and Charisma by Dr Nick Morgan
Nick Morgan on Twitter: @DrNickMorgan
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below