In today’s world of high technology and low attention spans, user-centric design is a must for any successful business. On this episode of The Brainfluence Podcast, we invited Chris Nodder to talk about different types of user-centric website design, and particularly, uses “evil designs” as a way of illustrating how users can be guided to take desired actions.
Chris is an established usability expert who has spent 18 years in the field, with companies like Nielsen Norman Group and Microsoft, developing and evaluating systems that are efficient, effective and satisfying for their intended audience.
In his latest book, Evil by Design: Interaction Design to Lead Us into Temptation, Chris covers some of the persuasive design elements companies use in order to get us to do what they want. The book uncovers how design, psychology and marketing are used in certain ways make us susceptible to persuasion. Evil by Design is a gorgeous paperback, filled with color illustrations showing how real websites use evil, and not so evil, tactics to influence users.
Tune in as Chris breaks down design techniques and marketing strategies that can be used to influence people to do what you want them to do. Don’t miss this episode full of insights into the psychology of user interaction design!
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why Chris chose the title “Evil by Design” for his book.
- What is evil design?
- Different types of design that that will bring you longer-term success.
- How to design a website to guide your audience down the path of least resistance.
- What is John Suler’s Principle of Online disinhibition?
- What is “price anchoring” and how you can use it to persuade a customer to pay more for your product?
Book Website: Evil by Design
Kindle Version: Evil by Design: Interaction Design to Lead Us into Temptation
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below