This week, I am excited to bring Nancy Duarte on the show. Nancy is the founder and CEO of Duarte, Inc, a communication expert, thought leader, and award-winning author of Slide:ology, The HBR Guide to Persuasive Presentations, Resonate and her latest, the free E-book Slidedocs. She is one of Inc.com’s Top 100 Leadership and Management Experts, and her company, the fifth largest female employer in the Silicon Valley, has created over a quarter of a million presentations for their clients worldwide.
Since the launch of her company with her husband in 1987, Nancy has worked with a large number of brands including Facebook, Google, Twitter, the World Bank, and Apple. Her communication and persuasion style merges carefully crafted visuals with storytelling to influence perceptions and guide the listener towards her client’s goal. Nancy has been awarded with multiple entrepreneur and communications awards such as the University of Southern Mississippi’s “Entrepreneur of the Year” in 2013.
Nancy’s books are all designed to help engineers and business professionals to effectively visually communicate with any audience. With Nancy’s advice, you can arm yourself with the right tools and techniques to create an experience your listeners will not soon forget. Listen in for a sneak peek into Nancy’s books and company to maximize the potential of your presentations.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The animations that Nancy will never allow on her client’s presentations.
- How to create a “Twitterable moment”, without offending your audience.
- Nancy’s belief system regarding visuals and animation.
- The methodology behind a Duarte, Inc presentation.
- How to create your own unique visual story.
- Nancy’s method to keep your audience’s attention riveted on you.
Nancy Duarte on Twitter: @NancyDuarte
Book Website: Slidedocs by Nancy Duarte
Amazon: Slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations by Nancy Duarte
Amazon: HPR Guide to Persuasive Presentations by Nancy Duarte
Amazon: Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences by Nancy Duarte
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below