This week on The Brainfluence Podcast, we are changing it up again with a solo episode with just me, your host, Roger Dooley. On this episode, we are going to dive into how our five senses can connect with and influence the minds of retail consumers.
I recently spoke about this topic in my opening speech at Neuromarketing in Retail 2014 in Amsterdam. The conference, sponsored by the Neuromarketing Science and Business Association, focused on the convergence of consumer neuroscience and shopper marketing. Neuromarketing in Retail 2014 featured a range of extremely talented speakers, covering topics such as scent marketing, fMRI studies and much more.
Today, we are exploring the sensory weapon that retailers need to be wielding against their eCommerce competitors and how appealing to all five senses of consumers can give retailers the upper hand. Listen in to the podcast to learn how the sensory side of retail works, and how several examples of real companies have capitalized on this with huge success.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why I am addicted to Amazon Prime.
- The one huge advantage that retail stores have over online sellers.
- How to create a sense of ownership in customers with “mere touch.”
- The components that need to be considered to appeal to a customer’s sense of sight.
- How complementary and distinctive scents can change the behavior of retail customers.
Amazon: Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing by Roger Dooley
Kindle: Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing by Roger Dooley
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below