Although Robin Dreeke has always aspired to be a great leader, it wasn’t until later, during his time at the United States Naval Academy and in the United States Marine Corps, that he realized that leadership was much more than just telling people what to do. A great leader masterfully uses interpersonal skills to influence, rather than command.
As a commander in charge of 200 recruits and 16 drill instructors at Parris Island, South Carolina, Robin learned the fundamentals of leadership and influence. Upon entering service in the FBI in 1997, Robin began his journey as a behaviorist in the agency’s efforts to thwart the effort of our country’s adversaries. Throughout his career, Robin has received advanced training and experience in the area of social psychology and the practical application of the science behind relationship development.
Through observations of nonverbal behavior and the use of the Personal Discernment Inventory, the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and his proprietary techniques, Robin has built highly-effective tools for all aspects and stages of interpersonal communication. He combined all these tools and techniques and has created his one-of-a-kind formula.
Robin’s new book, It’s Not All About “Me,” is quickly becoming a must-read for success in the business world today. Robin is a recognized expert, author, and gifted lecturer in the art of interpersonal communication. Today, he will show you how to put these skills to use in leadership, sales, human resources and all business and personal relationships.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Robin’s tip for talking to anyone, regardless of who they are.
- Three things that Robin is thankful for.
- The one thing you need to develop for any type of relationship.
- What happens when you objectify people.
- How time constraints can be used to put people at ease.
- The reason why how fast you talk effects a person’s level of trust.
- The 3 facets to quid pro quo.
- Kindle: It’s Not All About “Me”: The Top Ten Techniques for Building Quick Rapport with Anyone by Robin Dreeke
- People Formula
- Contact Robin Dreeke: Twitter
- Brainfluence Episode #34: Buyer Legends
- Brainfluence Episode #33: The Chemistry of Influence
- Amazon: The small BIG: Small Changes that Spark Big Influence by Dr. Robert Cialdini
- Kindle: The small BIG: Small Changes that Spark Big Influence by Dr. Robert Cialdini
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below