My guest this week on The Brainfluence Podcast is author, speaker, and now, TV personality, Dan Pink. With 5 best-sellers to his credit, including Drive and To Sell is Human, Dan has done more than anyone to bring behavior research to the non-academic world. He is a best-selling author with 20 years of experience in studying and writing about behavioral science.
Dan’s latest adventure, and quite possibly his most ambitious project yet, is Crowd Control. Crowd Control is a prime time National Geographic series that uses hidden cameras to record the effects of various behavioral interventions on regular people in real world settings. Dan and I chat about how Crowd Control came to be, some of the specific experiments he showcases and how these experiments are making a real difference in our busy world.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What it’s like doing psych experiments on Bourbon Street at 2AM.
- What improved the mood of people stuck in a Florida DMV for hours.
- A simple hack that curbs improper use of handicap parking.
- Two techniques that got people to pick up their dog’s poop. Really.
- Dan Pink
- Dan Pink’s TED Talk
- Amazon: Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Dan Pink
- Kindle: Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Dan Pink
- Amazon: To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others by Dan Pink
- Kindle: To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others by Dan Pink
- Amazon: A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule The Future by Dan Pink
- Crowd Control on National Geographic
- Tigress Productions
- Dan Ariely
- Malcolm Gladwell
- Adam Grant
- Dan Gilbert
- Brainfluence Episode #30: Small Changes, BIG Influence
- Susan Cain
- Parking Mobility
- Paul Ekman
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below