This week on the The Brainfluence Podcast, our special guest is Bart Schutz. Bart is an online strategist and conversion expert. He began by studying economic psychology, and has a long history in usability. Bart was a board member at Jungle Minds, and later he became a partner and senior strategy consultant at Online Dialogue.
I first met Bart at the Conversion Jam Conference in Stockholm, where we both were speakers and also partnered for an all-day conversion workshop in the Conversionista! office. I found it fascinating and fun that Bart and I were able to approach the same business website conversion problems. He’s got some real opinions on translating brain and behavior research into actionable strategies, and he has a knack for taking some really complex science and explaining it in terms that business people can understand. Bart is on today to share some of those tips and tactics to help you use economic psychology to increase your sales.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How Economic Psychology is different from Behavioral Economics.
- Why Bart feels psychology has not done enough marketing.
- The difference between knowing, being aware of and applying the knowledge of economic psychology.
- Why Bart feels that Robert Cialdini’s Six Principles aren’t all we need today.
- How Bart uses Dutch Royalty to explain scientific insights.
- Wheel of Persuasion
- Online Dialogue
- Twitter – @barts
- Herbert Simon
- Amazon: Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Brainfluence Episode 30 with Robert Cialdini
- Brainfluence Episode 36 with Daniel Pink
- Brainfluence Episode 34 with Bryan and Jeffery Eisenberg
- Dan Ariely
- BJ Fogg
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below