Joining The Brainfluence Podcast this week is Dr. Andrew Hill. Dr. Hill is a cognitive neuroscientist who has, among other things, studied how attention operates in the brain. He currently lectures at UCLA, teaching courses in Neuroscience and Psychology. He is also the Director at the Alternatives Brain Institute, where they use neurofeedback and meditation to help clients increase their mindfulness.
Dr. Hill is currently the lead neuroscientist at TruBrain, a company that offers nootropics. Nootropics are non-prescription supplements that are intended to improve cognitive function. One of his specialties is hemispheric attention and specialization. As a part of his duties at TruBrain, Dr. Hill makes extensive use of one of our favorite neuromarketing tools, EEG, although not for the typical use of evaluating ads. Dr. Hill shares some of his incredible insights and how you too can take advantage of his incredible research to further your business and your brain.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why Dr. Hill states he has a foot in 4 worlds.
- The unique way Dr. Hill uses EEG in studies.
- Why Dr. Hill uses EEG vs fMRI studies.
- Why the skills learned in brain training games are non-transferrable skills.
- The difference between a nootropic and a cognitive enhancer.
- Connect with Dr Andrew Hill on Twitter
- Alternative Brain Institute
- Alternative Brain Institute: How to start meditating, or “Don’t DO something.. just sit there!” by Dr. Andrew Hill
- Brainfluence Episode #3 with Steven Kotler
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below