My very special guest this week on The Brainfluence Podcast is the one and only Guy Kawasaki. He’s written a dozen New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling books, and headlined countless conferences. Guy is the chief evangelist of Canva, an online graphics-design service, and an executive fellow at the Haas School of Business at U.C. Berkeley. Formerly, he was an advisor to the Motorola business unit of Google and chief evangelist of Apple.
His latest book, The Art of the Start 2.0, is the new and updated version of his original bestseller, which was unsurprisingly titled The Art of the Start. A lot has happened since the first version came out eleven years ago. The newest version of the book is 64% longer than the original and includes Guy’s insights on social media, crowdfunding, cloud computing, and lots more. It’s full of practical advice that will help you start your business in this technology-driven world. His other recent titles include APE: Author-Publisher-Entrepreneur, Enchantment and ten other bestsellers since 1987.
Today, Guy joins me to discuss his journey through school, writing and rewriting his books, and the current company he is supporting – Canva. It’s a remarkable free tool that I’ve been using since I heard Guy mention it. As you might expect, our chat is full of down to earth, practical advice.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why Guy re-wrote The Art of the Start from scratch.
- How Canva can help your social media and blog.
- Why making every customer process easy is so vital for entrepreneurs.
- How Guy was able to double the engagement on all of his tweets in one day.
- The biggest changes in social media.
- Three books Guy thinks every entrepreneur should read.
- Amazon: The Art of the Start 2.0 by Guy Kawasaki
- Kindle: The Art of the Start 2.0 by Guy Kawasaki
- Connect with Guy: Website | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | LinkedIn | Pinterest | SlideShare | Twitter | YouTube
- Dan Zarrella
- Satya Nadella
- Amazon: 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Amazon: If You Want to Write by Brenda Ueland
- Amazon: Influence by Robert Cialdini
- Amazon: The Small Big by Robert Cialdini
- Kindle: The Small Big by Robert Cialdini
- Amazon: Absolute Value by Emanuel Rosen and Itamar Simonson
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below