Today, on The Brainfluence Podcast, my guest is the multi-talented Erica Dhawan. Erica is the Founder & CEO of Cotential, a global consultancy that helps organizations accelerate the connectedness of their people, customers, clients and other stakeholders. She is a leadership expert, keynote speaker and the co-author of the book Get Big Things Done: The Power of Connectional Intelligence.
Erica explains why she feels we are finally moving away from the competitive, dog-eat-dog mentality into a hyperconnected age. Even traditionally competitive environments like law firms have begun to embrace a more open and communicative approach to solving problems. Billable hours might go down, but the quality of the work goes up.
Erica joins me today to talk about what she calls connectional intelligence. She also analyzes companies and groups who have successfully started using this process, and explains how you too can take advantage of it to advance your company faster and farther than you ever thought possible. Erica’s mantra, “Take a dream, add connection, dream bigger, get big things done” is shaking up the way companies, scientists and everyday people are changing the world around them.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The definition of connectional intelligence.
- How a patient with a rare disease created a global knowledge network focused on treating it.
- How a freelance problem-solving community helped solved the problem that stumped Palmolive’s scientists.
- How Florence Nightingale used connectional intelligence to change the face of medicine.
- Also, oddly, why Florence Nightingale might have become a Powerpoint guru if she were around today.
- 3 key steps to move from having a dream to getting big things done.
- Amazon: Get Big Things Done: The Power of Connectional Intelligence by Erica Dhawan and Saj-nicole Joni
- Kindle: Get Big Things Done: The Power of Connectional Intelligence by Erica Dhawan and Saj-nicole Joni
- Book Website: Get Big Things Done
- Connect with Erica: Twitter | Erica Dhawan | Cotential | #GetThingsDone
- Text “Erica” at 66866 for your free connectional intelligence guide and quiz
- Stack Overflow
- Smart Fins
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below