Today’s guest, Dorie Clark, is a marketing and strategy consultant. Dorie also writes for online publications like Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Entrepreneur. She has worked with firms like Google, the World Bank, and Morgan Stanley, to help them formulate marketing strategies and adapt to an ever-changing world. Dorie is also an adjunct professor at Duke’s Fuqua School of business.
Dorie’s latest book, Stand Out: How to Fuel Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It, details the actions and steps that must be taken in order to become an expert or thought leader in your field. In preparation, she interviewed 50 of today’s top thought leaders like Dan Pink, Malcolm Gladwell, and Seth Godin to reverse-engineer how they were able to achieve their status.
Dorie joins me today to talk about her book and how, through her extensive study and interviews, she identified the key steps required to become a thought leader. In this wide-ranging discussion, we talk about why everyone, even employees, need to become experts in their field. We’ll learn how to conduct cheap and efficient research to support your expertise and much more. You don’t want to miss Dorie’s easy, actionable steps that may just help you become the Seth Godin of your niche.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Two interesting components of becoming a thought leader.
- Dorie’s method for developing your very own revolutionary, breakthrough idea.
- How to take advantage of new technology and ideas (like Meerkat) to become a thought leader.
- How an IT manager looking for a new home ended up being recruited by a realty firm.
- Dorie’s 3-step process for spreading an idea.
- Connect with Dorie: Website | Blog | Articles | Twitter
- Amazon: Stand Out: How to Fuel Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark
- Kindle: Stand Out: How to Fuel Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark
- Amazon: Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future
. by Dorie Clark
- 42-page Stand Out Workbook
- Nir Eyal | Brainfluence Episode # 2
- Dan Pink | Brainfluence Episode # 36
- Noah Fleming | Brainfluence Episode # 43
- South by Southwest
- Malcolm Gladwell
- Seth Godin
- Michael Waxenberg
- Eric Schadt
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- Meet Edgar
- Neuroscience Marketing
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below