I am pleased to introduce Justin Rondeau, Conversion Optimization Manager of Digital Marketer, to the show today. Justin specializes in hands-on testing and conversion optimization in both B2B and B2C environments.
Justin came to Digital Marketer from WhichTestWon, a site that trains its audience in conversion optimization by sharing real test results. Over the course of his career, he has analyzed over 2,500 tests across virtually every industry and has a wealth of knowledge to share when it comes to conversion.
I invited Justin to talk about some of the not-so-obvious ways of increasing conversion rates that he has developed over the course of his career. He also shares some surprising test results that might shake your current beliefs about conversion rate optimization techniques. Listen in to learn some game-changing tips, dos and don’ts of CRO, how long you should run tests before you can be confident in your results and much more! Grab a notebook or an iPad and get ready to take some notes…
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The importance of A/B testing your offerings.
- Justin’s example of a social proof test that did not work out as planned.
- Why social proof might not be the “silver bullet” for conversions.
- How improperly used trust seals and assurance messages may actually hurt conversions.
- Justin’s tips for using images of people and faces on websites.
- The updates to industry standards in regards to how long one should run conversion tests
- Great tools website operators can start using today to grow their testing skills.
- Connect with Justin: Twitter | Linkedin
- Learn more about Cialdini’s Six Principles of Influence
- DIY Themes
- Visual Website Optimizer – vwo.com
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below