Today, I am excited to welcome my guest, Dr. Barry Schwartz. Barry is a best-selling author and researcher that most of our listeners and readers will know well. As the Dorwin Cartwright Professor of Social Theory and Social Action at Swarthmore College, he studies the link between economics and psychology.
More than ten years ago, Barry wrote his huge best seller, The Paradox of Choice: Why Less is More. Barry surprised many readers by arguing against the conventional wisdom that more choice is good. He showed the opposite could be true, and too much choice could even make people less happy. His TED Talk on the topic has been viewed more than 7 million times.
Barry joins us today to discuss what all business owners need to know about the choices they are offering their customers. He explains the research behind his book and addresses some recent research that attempted to disprove the negative effects of choice. Listen in to learn how you can find the right balance of options that will maximize your customer’s satisfaction and your sales.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why some employees fail to enroll in desirable 401K retirement plans.
- How too many choices can lead to buyer paralysis.
- How hard-to-read fonts can have an effect on cognitive fluency.
- Why it is vital to your business success to determine your offer “sweet spot.”
- How limiting the options available to new home buyers saved a home builder thousands.
- Amazon: The Paradox of Choice: Why Less is More by Dr Barry Schwartz
- Kindle: The Paradox of Choice: Why Less is More by Dr Barry Schwartz
- TED Talk: The Paradox of Choice by Dr Barry Schwartz
- Connect with Barry: Barry Schwartz | Twitter | TED
- Psychology Today: Why Selective Colleges (and Outstanding Students) Should Be Less Selective by Barry Schwartz
- Neuromarketing: Mega-Branding: The Purple Oreo Problem by Roger Dooley
- Sheena Iyengar
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below