Today’s guest is an expert on decision-making, emotion, and influence. Dr. Tali Sharot has spent the past two decades studying human behavior and conducting dozens of experiments to figure out what causes people to change their decisions, update their beliefs, and rewrite their memories.
An Associate Professor of cognitive neuroscience at University College London—where she directs the Affective Brain Lab—as well as a visiting Professor at MIT, Tali has been featured in or written for the New York Times, Time magazine, The Washington Post, CNN, the BBC, the Today Show, and many others.
Her new book, The Influential Mind: What the Brain Reveals About Our Power to Change Others, explores the nature of influence and the critical role emotion plays in persuasion.
In this episode, Tali shares what research tells us about influencing the human mind. Listen in to learn the most effective ways to persuade people, motivate them to take action, and more.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The most effective approach for motivating people to take action.
- How to use brain synchronization and brain coupling to influence others.
- What holds more power to change people’s minds than data and science.
- Why smart people are more subject to confirmation bias errors.
- The reason emotions are so important.
- How investment decisions are affected by confirmation bias.
- Where to start if we want to change people’s behaviors and/or beliefs.
Key Resources for Tali Sharot:
- Connect with Tali Sharot: Website
- Amazon: The Influential Mind: What the Brain Reveals About Our Power to Change Others
- Kindle: The Influential Mind: What the Brain Reveals About Our Power to Change Others
- Audible: The Influential Mind: What the Brain Reveals About Our Power to Change Others
- Amazon: The Optimism Bias: A Tour of the Irrationally Positive Brain
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: