Judy Samuelson is Founder and Executive Director of the Aspen Institute Business and Society Program and a Vice President at the Aspen Institute. Signature programs under Judy’s leadership include a ten-year campaign to disrupt Milton Friedman’s narrative about corporate purpose, a multi-year dialogue to produce the Aspen Principles of Long-Term Value Creation, and a partnership with Korn Ferry to rethink executive pay. She also writes regularly for Quartz at Work, is a Bellagio Fellow, and serves as a Director of Financial Health Network.
This episode is a little different than usual, but I know that the message will resonate with any business person who is trying to achieve long-term success. Listen in as Judy shares the new rules for long-term business success, including the shift to view employees as your best asset instead of a cost of operations, the questions to ask when looking at automation in the value-creation process, and how to find the balance between value creation and ongoing organizational sustainability.
Learn the new rules of long-term business success with Judy Samuelson, author of THE SIX NEW RULES OF BUSINESS. #valuecreation #loyalty Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How the health of the enterprise is intertwined with its ecosystem.
- The responsibility of the Board to an organization.
- Why employees are not simply a cost of operations.
- The value-creation approach to using automation.
- How to strike the right balance between value creation and organizational health.
Key Resources for Judy Samuelson:
- Connect with Judy Samuelson: Website
- Amazon: The Six New Rules of Business
- Kindle: The Six New Rules of Business
- Audible: The Six New Rules of Business
- The Aspen Institute
- Milton Friedman
- Seventh Generation
- Levi Strauss & Co.
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: