How often do you negotiate? Even if it’s not an essential part of your job, odds are you’re doing it more than you think. Whether you’re overcoming disagreements about schedules, asking for a raise, or even pleading with your toddler, the truth is that negotiations come up all the time. Today’s guest can help you negotiate more effectively in all of those situations and more.
Keld Jensen is a renowned expert in negotiation. Through his experience as CEO of several publicly traded Scandinavian companies, his participation in numerous start-ups, and as Founder and CEO of MarketWatch Centre For Negotiation A/S, he advocates changing the culture of dealmaking organizations in order to impact the bottom line and increase shareholder value.
Recognized as a thought leader in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and North America, Keld has authored 24 books, including his most recent, Honest Negotiation. He is one of the most influential authorities in the world today on negotiation as a leadership competency, and he’s here today to share his expertise and explain why all of us need to take an honest look at how well we negotiate.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why there is an increased need to be aware of your negotiation skills.
- How many negotiations the average person makes every year.
- The biggest contributor to someone’s success (hint: it’s not formal education and experience).
- How electronic media is contributing to less honesty and less trust.
- What it takes to build trust.
- The key concept at the root of every negotiation.
Key Resources for Keld Jensen:
- Connect with Keld Jensen: Website
- SMARTnership Negotiation Online Certified Master Class
- Honest Negotiation by Keld Jensen
- Negotiating Partnership: Increase Profits and Reduce Risk by Keld Jensen
- SMARTnership – The Third Road: Optimizing Negotiation Outcomes by Keld Jensen
- The Trust Factor: Negotiating in SMARTnership™ by Keld Jensen
- Positive Impact: Inspiring Trust and Competence by Keld Jensen
- Intelligence is Overrated: What You Really Need to Succeed by Keld Jensen
- See also Chris Voss on Negotiation
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: