Kevin Oakes is the is CEO and co-founder of i4cp, the Institute for Corporate Productivity, a top research firm that discovers the people practices of high-performance organizations. Previously, Kevin was CEO of the first company created by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, as well as President of SumTotal Systems, one of the world’s largest providers of talent and learning solutions. He joins the show today to share insights from his new book, Culture Renovation: 18 Leadership Actions to Build an Unshakeable Company.
Listen in as Kevin discusses the relevant and meaningful differences between best practices and “next practices,” why structural changes in an organization are critical for creating a great culture, and the major shift that Microsoft undertook that was key to its growth. You’ll get practical advice for entrepreneurs who want to create a great organizational culture and the current trend that Kevin hopes will continue long after the pandemic ends.
Learn how to build competitive advantage by creating a winning corporate culture with @KMOakes, author of CULTURE RENOVATION. #corporateculture #digitaltransformation Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
Subscribe to Roger’s YouTube channel – Roger’s channel features both full episodes and short, actionable Brainfluence Briefs.
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What “next practices” are and how they differ from “best practices.”
- How to determine the culture of an organization.
- Why Kevin chose not to explicitly define “culture” in his book about culture.
- What growth mindset is and why it’s important for culture.
- Whether culture change always has to start at the top.
- Where to start with creating an agile workforce.
- What structural changes are important to create a great culture.
Key Resources for Kevin Oakes:
- Connect with Kevin Oakes: Website | Book Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Amazon: Culture Renovation: 18 Leadership Actions to Build an Unshakeable Company
- Kindle: Culture Renovation
- Robert Cialdini
- Amazon: Loonshots: How to Nurture the Crazy Ideas That Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries
- Peter Drucker
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: