Larry Siegel is the Gary P. Brinson Director of Research at the CFA Institute Research Foundation and an independent consultant, writer, and speaker. He has written, co-authored, or edited a large number of journal articles, magazine articles, and CFA Institute Research Foundation monographs, and his book, Fewer, Richer, Greener: Prospects for Humanity in an Age of Abundance, reached #1 in Economics and #1 in History on Amazon shortly after its release.
In this episode, Larry shares his take on abundance from a fact-based perspective and debunks some common notions about the direction in which the world is headed. Listen in to hear why he says we have every reason to be optimistic about the future—despite the doomsday stories that so often make up the news cycles—and why the coronavirus pandemic has exposed society’s fault lines the way it has. If you’re in need of a bit of optimism in your life, this is an episode you don’t want to miss!
Debunk doomsday news and restore your faith in the future of humanity with @LaurenceBSiegel, author of FEWER, RICHER, GREENER. #economics #scarcity #population Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How the coronavirus pandemic has impacted abundance.
- Why thinking warm fuzzy thoughts about abundance does not mean you have it.
- How climate change plays into Larry’s theory of abundance and the future cost of climate change.
- Why the issue of the population outgrowing food supply isn’t as much of an issue as it’s often made out to be.
- What we can expect with the coming second wave of the novel coronavirus.
- The primary things people should focus on for future survival and growth in business.
Key Resources for Larry Siegel:
- Connect with Larry Siegel: Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
- Amazon: Fewer, Richer, Greener
- Kindle: Fewer, Richer, Greener
- Audible: Fewer, Richer, Greener
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: