Lee Hartley Carter is a partner at Maslansky + Partners, a research-driven language strategy firm that specializes in finding the right messages based on one simple idea: It’s not what you say that matters, it’s what you hear. Today Lee joins the show to share the key to persuasion and other insights from her book, Persuasion: Convincing Others When Facts Don’t Seem to Matter.
Listen in as Lee breaks down confirmation bias and the backfire effect, as well as the importance of listening to what your customer actually wants. You’ll learn why discipline is so important, how empathy comes into play, and whose opinion really matters when it comes to persuasion.
Learn the key to persuasion with @lh_carter, author of PERSUASION. #politics #language #marketresearch Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The key to persuasion.
- What confirmation bias is.
- The importance of empathy.
- How the backfire effect works.
- Whose opinion truly matters.
Key Resources for Lee Hartley Carter:
- Connect with Lee Hartley Carter: Website | Twitter
- Amazon: Persuasion: Convincing Others When Facts Don’t Seem to Matter
- Kindle: Persuasion
- Audiobook: Persuasion
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below