Lisa Bodell is an award-winning author and CEO of FutureThink, an innovation firm that thrives on simplicity. A futurist and expert on the topic of change, Lisa’s mission is to provoke fresh thinking and help people solve problems in intentionally simple ways. She has appeared on NPR and FOX News, and has been published in Fast Company, The New York Times, and WIRED.
In this episode, Lisa shares insights from her book, Why Simple Wins, including how complexity issues not only hold companies back, but can also cost them money. Listen in to learn where many complexity issues start, how Lisa gauges these kinds of problems in the organizations she helps, and what you can do to start identifying similar issues within your own organization.
Learn how complexity issues not only hold companies back, but can also cost them money with @LisaBodell, author of WHY SIMPLE WINS. #change #innovation #corporateculture Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why simplicity is so important.
- How trying to solve problems often leads to complexity.
- What Lisa looks at in order to gauge complexity issues within organizations.
- A simple way to get started reducing complexity issues within your own organization.
- Success stories of businesses that reduced complexity and prospered.
- What friction is and why we should aim to reduce it.
- Where leaders can reduce friction.
- Why trust is crucial within organizations.
- How lower-level employees who see a need for change can get management to buy into the need for simplicity.
Key Resources for Lisa Bodell:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below