Matt Tullman is co-founder and CEO of Merchant Mechanics, and a founding partner at Bellwether Citizen Response. With over 25 years of experience in the consumer insights industry, Matt continues to pioneer the development and application of behavioral, implicit, and neuroscience research techniques that help brands better understand the subconscious emotional drivers of motivation and decision-making. His research has been published in prominent business publications and academic journals, including the Journal of Advertising Research, Forbes, and The Wall Street Journal.
In this episode, Matt discusses his latest article titled “How NOT To Fight Vaccine Hesitancy: Lessons from Brain Science (and Nancy Reagan)” and shares why the key to combating vaccine hesitancy is to appeal to the emotional side of vaccine objections. He also discusses why all the science in the world will not be enough to combat vaccine hesitancy, and what the focus should be on instead.
Some ads intended to overcome #VaccineHesitancy may actually *cause* it, says @mtullman. Did Nancy Reagan's 'Just say no' ads work? #persuasion Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why Nancy Reagan is relevant to vaccine hesitancy.
- The different types of hesitancy and how they might be addressed.
- The importance of asking the right type of questions.
- Where some of the vaccine hesitancy has derived from.
- How to best overcome the issue of vaccine hesitancy by appealing to emotions.
Key Resources for Matt Tullman:
- Connect with Matt Tullman: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Bellwether Citizen Response
- How Not To Fight Vaccine Hesitancy: Lessons from Brain Science (and Nancy Reagan)
- Ad Council “It’s Up to You” ad
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below