Melina Palmer is the founder and CEO of The Brainy Business, which provides behavioral economics consulting to businesses of all sizes from around the world. Melina obtained her bachelor’s degree in Business Administration: Marketing and worked in corporate marketing and brand strategy for over a decade before earning her master’s in Behavioral Economics. She has contributed research to the Association for Consumer Research, Filene Research Institute, and runs the Behavioral Economics & Business column for Inc. magazine.
Listen in as Melina shares her extensive insights into all the things that customers want but cannot tell us they want, including whether you should lead with the most expensive option when it comes to selling and how to use partitioning to our advantage. We also dive into some of the neuroscience behind behavioral economics and discuss why people buy and how to use that “why” to build better sales, relationships, and messaging.
Learn why people buy and how to use that knowledge to build better sales, relationships, and messaging with @thebrainybiz, author of WHAT YOUR CUSTOMER WANTS. #marketresearch #behavioralscience Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Whether behavioral economics has hit critical mass.
- How priming fits into behavioral economics.
- What partitioning is and how it should – and shouldn’t – be used.
- When it comes to selling, is leading with a more expensive item the better way to go?
- How surprise and delight fits into behavioral economics.
- Pricing tips to encourage conversion.
Key Resources for Melina Palmer:
- Connect with Melina Palmer: Website | Podcast | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Melina Palmer on Inc.com
- Amazon: What Your Customer Wants
- Kindle: What Your Customer Wants
- Audible: What Your Customer Wants
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: