Rohit Bhargava is a trend curator whose insights on trends, marketing, and the future have been utilized by dozens of the biggest brands and organizations in the world, including Intel, Under Armour, and the World Bank.
A marketing expert and the founder of the Non-Obvious Company, Rohit is also the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of five books on topics as wide-ranging as the future of business, building a human brand with personality, and why leaders never eat cauliflower. His newest book, Non-Obvious 2018 Edition: How To Predict Trends And Win The Future, features fifteen all-new trends across five categories, including Culture & Consumer Behavior, Marketing & Social Media, Media & Education, Technology & Design and Economics & Entrepreneurship.
In this episode, Rohit shares his marketing insight and predictions for the future, what he looks at to determine if something is really a trend, and what you can do to become a better trendspotter yourself. Tune in to hear all that and more!
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How to get better at identifying trends.
- What to look for to determine if something is really a trend.
- The problem with over-targeting.
- How marketers use outrage to sell products.
- Why sharing a company’s backstory is so powerful in marketing.
- The five phases of the “Haystack Method” of trend curation.
- How to earn trust in this climate of false news and skepticism.
- Tools Rohit uses to collect data for spotting trends.
- Important “non-obvious” trends Rohit predicts in upcoming years.
Key Resources for Rohit Bhargava:
- Connect with Rohit Bhargava: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Amazon: Non-Obvious 2018 Edition: How To Predict Trends And Win The Future
- Kindle: Non-Obvious 2018 Edition: How To Predict Trends And Win The Future
- Amazon: Always Eat Left Handed: 15 Surprising Secrets For Killing It At Work And In Real Life
- Rohit’s Time Lapse Video of Curating Ideas
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below