Sam Mallikarjunan is the co-author of the book How To Sell Better Than Amazon, and he’s here today to explain what it takes to do just that. A Marketing Fellow at HubSpot and former Head of Growth at HubSpot Labs—the somewhat-secret experimental arm of the world’s #1 Sales & Marketing platform—Sam has seen firsthand what it takes to market effectively. He teaches Advanced Digital Marketing at the Harvard Division of Continuing Education and speaks across the country and around the world about startups, business, and marketing.
In this episode, Sam shares his insight on market testing and the importance of focusing on the user experience. He also talks about how to use a free tool in order to gain a lifetime customer, as well as the main thing marketers should focus on if they really want to sell better than Amazon.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The thing Sam says marketers don’t think about enough.
- Amazon’s major weakness.
- Why content marketing is a lot harder than it used to be.
- What to do before you spend a lot to add a new feature to your product.
- The strategy behind offering a free tool to potential customers.
- Why HubSpot can afford to do such interesting marketing.
- What to focus on in order to justify spending more to get customers.
- Which industry Sam predicts will be disrupted soon.
Key Resources for Sam Mallikarjunan:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below