Our guest today is Om Marwah, the first person to hold the position of Global Head of Behavioral Science at Walmart and Sam’s Club. Om’s group applies research in psychology to customer shopping, business strategy, e-commerce, and more, focusing not just on Walmart’s one billion shoppers but also the company’s 2.4 million associates.
Walmart has a behavior science team to get inside the heads of 1 billion shoppers. #neuromarketing Click To Tweet The founder of the Behavioral Science and Marketing Summit, Om also works as an instructor at UCLA and teaches students how to take ideas from the academic world and apply them in business. In this episode, he shares his insight on building a great customer experience, as well as tips for fostering long-term engagement. Listen in so you can start applying his advice today.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How to foster long-term engagement from customers.
- Techniques for mapping out customer experience.
- Tips for starting customer relationships off right.
- What a cognitive script is and why it’s so important.
- Advice for building customer appreciation.
- How to understand what your highest value customers look like.
- Ways to create a great customer experience.
Key Resources for Om Marwah:
- Connect with Om Marwah: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Behavioral Science and Marketing Summit: Save 20% with the discount code ROGER
- Take Her Back
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: