Duane Varan is the CEO of MediaScience, a leading provider of lab-based audience/marketing research. Recognized as a champion of transparency and validation of neuromarketing methods, Duane has lectured in over 150 cities worldwide and has written over 50 peer-reviewed papers. He has also received numerous awards, including the Australian Prime Minister’s University Teacher of the Year award.
In this episode, Duane discusses the importance of transparency in the industry and how neuromarketing is used in politics. Listen in as he explains the benefits of experimental design, how lack of technology—specifically television—can affect entire towns, and more.
Learn about the benefits of experimental design and how neuromarketing is used in politics with @duanevaran, CEO of MediaScience. #mediascience #biometrics #politics Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The benefits of experimental design.
- How neuromarketing techniques can help in politics.
- What happens to children when they have no access to television.
- How Duane started working with Disney.
- The neuromarketing study results that surprised him.
- What technology is used within neuromarketing and MediaScience.
Key Resources for Duane Varan:
- Connect with Duane Varan: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- “How Reliable Are Neuromarketer’s Measures of Advertising Effectiveness” by Duane Varan
- What Makes a Television Commercial Sell? Using Biometrics to Identify Successful Ads
- Amazon: Friction
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below