Today’s guest is an international speaker and bestselling author on innovation and design. Most recently serving as the Global VP of Innovation and Officer at VF Corporation (a parent organization to over 30 global apparel companies, including The North Face, Vans, Timberland, and Nautica), Soon Yu regularly consults for business leaders on developing meaningful Iconic Signature Elements, Signature Moments, and Signature Communication.
Soon has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, and New York Times, and he joins us today to share valuable advice on to how to build a brand’s iconicity. Listen in to hear tips from his new book, Iconic Advantage®, and learn what it really takes for brands to become iconic.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The three qualities that make brands iconic.
- What people need to consider for getting a brand noticed.
- How the internet and social media affect the process of becoming iconic.
- New opportunities for creating brand distinction.
- The two big aha moments Soon had when doing research about achieving iconicity.
- How to use iconic brand language to keep a brand relevant.
- What brands should figure out during their early days.
- The major mistakes most marketers make when trying to build brands.
Key Resources for Soon Yu:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: