Ralph Welborn has a provocative theory about the business firm as we know it. Today’s guest is CEO of CapImpact, a predictive analytics and advisory firm focused on new growth models, and he says the way most businesses do things today isn’t the best way to create growth and profit.
A former senior executive at both IBM and KPMG, Ralph spent 25 years advising public and private sector firms around the world. He joins the show to share insights from his new book—co-authored with Sajan Pillai—Topple: The End of the Firm-Based Strategy and the Rise of New Models for Explosive Growth. Listen in to learn how the competitive landscape has changed, what it means to look at it through the lens of business ecosystems, and the important questions businesses should be asking themselves when planning their strategies.
Learn how the competitive landscape has changed and the important questions businesses should be asking themselves with @ralphwelborn, author of TOPPLE. #business #growth Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why Ralph says most businesses aren’t optimized for today’s world.
- Key questions businesses should be asking when planning their strategies.
- The fundamentally new way of engaging with customers that leads to explosive growth.
- Why the Red Queen from Alice and Wonderland is a great metaphor for the state of business today.
- Where explosive growth comes from.
- Important lessons from growth leaders.
- What Ralph says is the reason over 75% of the digital transformation efforts are failing to deliver.
- The difference between an ecosystem and a platform.
- How to determine total ecosystem opportunity.
- What businesses can do to engage within an ecosystem.
Key Resources for Ralph Welborn:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: