Jez Groom has been practicing behavioral science for over ten years, working with some of the biggest organizations around the world. In 2016 he founded Cowry Consulting, the leading behavioral economics consultancy, and is currently a visiting fellow of Behavioural Science at City University.
April Vellacott has been studying the field of human behavior for nearly a decade, and holds degrees in Psychology and Behavior Change. As a behavioral consultant at Cowry Consulting, she helps global clients apply behavioral science in their organizations.
Together, Jez and April are the authors of the new book, Ripple: The big effects of small behaviour changes in business, and they join the show today to share how small behavior changes can have wide-reaching effects. Listen as they give real-life examples of how nudge theory has had massive impacts on outcomes, why friction is sometimes a good thing, and how behavioral principles can benefit any business.
Learn how small behavior changes can have wide-reaching effects in the real world with Jez Groom and April Vellacott, authors of RIPPLE. Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How small changes can have massive impacts on the world.
- Why friction is sometimes an important part of the process.
- What anchoring is and why it’s important.
- How design plays a role in nudge theory.
- Why there is a balance between too much effort and too little effort in the outcome.
- How behavioral principles can benefit any business.
Key Resources for Jez Groom and April Vellacott:
- Amazon: Ripple: The big effects of small behaviour changes in business
- Amazon UK: Ripple: The big effects of small behaviour changes in business
- Kindle: Ripple
- Ripple Companion Hub
Share the Love:
- If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: