Wayne Turmel is co-founder of the Remote Leadership Institute and co-author of The Long-Distance Teammate: Stay Engaged and Connected While Working Anywhere. He has spent the last two decades obsessed with how people communicate at work, and his work has helped organizations on four continents develop the communication skills needed to lead people, projects, and teams—and to make the adjustment to remote working and virtual teams.
Listen in as Wayne shares his perspective on how the pandemic has shifted the conversation around webcams and virtual meetings, and has even caused the creation of a new verb – “Zoom” – in only a few short months. You’ll learn the key ingredients needed to cultivate engagement in remote teams and how we can all be more visible in our organizations without being self-serving or unlikeable in the process.
Learn how to cultivate engagement and visibility in remote teams with @WTurmel, author of THE LONG-DISTANCE TEAMMATE. #remotework #communication Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What made Wayne want to focus on virtual communication skills and leadership.
- How the pandemic has changed how we view virtual communication.
- Wayne’s advice for people who want to maintain their visibility while working remotely.
- What “ethical visibility” is and how to cultivate it.
- How to encourage engagement and dialogue during virtual meetings.
Key Resources for Wayne Turmel:
- Connect with Wayne Turmel: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Amazon: The Long-Distance Teammate: Stay Engaged and Connected While Working Anywhere
- Kindle: The Long-Distance Teammate
- Audible: The Long-Distance Teammate
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below