Annie Duke is an author, speaker, and consultant in the decision-making space. She was awarded a National Science Foundation Fellowship to study Cognitive Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania, and—when she was close to completing her Ph.D.—put that on hold to become a poker professional. Annie won more than $4 million dollars in tournaments before retiring from poker almost ten years ago. Now the co-founder of The Alliance for Decision Education, Annie joins the show for a second time to share insights from her new book, How to Decide: Simple Tools for Making Better Choices.
Listen in as she explains why the decision-making process does not have to be fraught with anxiety and self-doubt, but rather that it’s a skill we can all learn. You’ll discover why we often get stuck in decision-making, as well as how we can overcome the second-guessing and analysis paralysis that often plagues the process so we can make better choices with more ease and confidence.
Make smarter, better decisions - cognitive scientist and poker champ @AnnieDuke, author of HOW TO DECIDE, shows you how. #decisionmaking #cognitivebiases Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- A synopsis of the science behind decision-making.
- How bias plays into the decision-making process.
- Why it’s important to bring other people into your decision-making.
- Why we need to be aware of feedback loops.
- The origin of the “freeroll” model and how you can apply it to your decision-making process.
Key Resources for Annie Duke:
- Connect with Annie Duke: Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
- The Alliance for Decision Education
- Amazon: How to Decide
- Kindle: How To Decide
- Audible: How To Decide
- Amazon: Thinking in Bets
- Kindle: Thinking in Bets
- Audible: Thinking in Bets
- Angela Duckworth
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: