Challenging conventional notions of how to be a prosperous entrepreneur can leave one with some pretty uncomfortable labels, such as “oddball,” “eccentric,” or even “freak.” In this episode of The Brainfluence Podcast, Chris Brogan shares how he is reclaiming the term “freak” as a brand of empowerment and success.
Chris Brogan is a New York Times bestselling author, as well as an advisor and strategist to numerous multi-million dollar companies. His newest venture, Owner, is a how-to business magazine that focuses on influencing established and aspiring entrepreneurs alike to take action. Owner, in contrast to other business magazines, works to use content marketing contextually, advertising specifically to their niche clientele.
Chris’s book, The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth, and digital magazine, Owner, are geared towards those who are ready to face down their fears of being different. For those who are ready to embrace a new perspective on business and life, Chris opens the door to stepping out of society’s mold.
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The definition of Monchu and the Monchu litmus test.
- How “Dunbar’s Number” affects marketing… and how it can be used advantageously.
- How Chris Brogan’s use of the word “freak” is changing the word’s meaning.
- The unethical promises made by higher education that cannot be delivered.
- The underlying psychological reason that people have related to and accepted the title of “freak.”
- The Owner’s Mind with Chris Brogan
- Amazon Link: The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth: Entrepreneurship for Weirdos, Misfits, and World Dominators
- Chris Brogan’s Books at Amazon
- Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It by Kamal Ravikant
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below