French-born neuropsychologist Dr. Lewis is the founder and Director at the independent research consultancy Mindlab International, based at the University of Sussex. Additionally, he is a chartered psychologist, bestselling author and international lecturer. Dubbed the “father of neuromarketing” for his pioneering studies of analyzing brain activity for research and commercial purposes, Dr. Lewis currently specializes in non-invasive techniques for measuring human responses under real-life conditions.
In his new book, The Brain Sell: When Science Meets Shopping, Dr. Lewis guides readers through the world of neuromarketing and explains the techniques and tools that advertisers use to influence consumers. This inside look at how businesses can utilize subconscious methods of persuasion offers new and exciting possibilities for marketers and entrepreneurs alike. Don’t miss it!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How Dr. Lewis accidentally became the “father of neuromarketing”.
- Past experiments and studies conducted in the field of consumer neuroscience.
- The rapid evolution of shopper science and its impact on retail
- The ethical boundaries when using advertising messages that are not consciously processed.
- The link between “Big Data” and neuromarketing and how it will affect advertising in the future.
- Techniques used to influence the customers’ buying decisions.
- The Hidden Persuaders – 50th Anniv. Ed.
by Vance Packard
- Amazon: The Brain Sell: When Science Meets Shopping; How the new mind sciences and the persuasion industry are reading our thoughts, influencing our emotions, and stimulating us to shop by Dr. David Lewis
- David Lewis – Books at Amazon
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below