This week on The Brainfluence Podcast, my special guest is Joe Leech. Joe is the Director of User Experience at CX Partners, working with clients such as Marriott, Disney, LateRooms, theTrainline, Peugeot, Virgin and eBay. He is also the author of Psychology for Designers and writes for various websites, magazines, in addition to being a speaker and consultant.
As a User Experience Director, Joe specializes in designing every aspect of user experience from initial research to developing an online strategy and producing easy-to-use wireframes and website information architectures. Joe capitalizes on his MSc in Human Computer Interaction, as well as his 10 years of experience working in digital strategy and user experience in the UK and across Europe, North America, Asia and Africa, to help his clients, and now you, to help design the perfect website. Listen in to learn how you can find, understand and harness the right psychology studies to maximize your websites design and potential.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How Joe hoped his book would improve user experience design.
- How Joe works to help people dig through the incredible number of research studies to find ones applicable to them.
- The benefits of online-based research vs. lab-based research.
- How to resolve the conflict between security and user experience.
- Kindle: A Pocket Guide to Psychology for Designers by Joe Leech
- Connect with Joe on Twitter
- Amazon: How to Read a Person Like a Book by Gerard Nierenberg
- Amazon: Nudge: Improving Decision About Health, Wealth, and Happiness by Richard Thaler and CassSunstein
- Amazon: Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing by Roger Dooley
- Kindle: Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing by Roger Dooley
- Steve Krug
- Susan Weinschenk
- Nathalie Nahai
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below